In order to prevent dinner boredom, I make an effort to at least keep things interesting by changing the seasoning or making a quick dressing to drizzle over the top. My latest dressing choice is a fresh herbed tomato vinaigrette. A little more on the vinegary side, I think it adds a tangy pop of flavor. I have yet to try it with a traditional salad, but I think it would work just as nicely.
Herbed Tomato Vinaigrette
Makes approx. 1 cup
- 1 fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon, fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss into a blender or mini food processor the tomato and herbs.
- Pour in the vinegar and olive oil. Season with a pinch or two of salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
How do you keep your grilled vegetables interesting?