There are so many fun things to make with watermelon - watermelon and tomato salad, watermelon with herbed ricotta, popsicles, and yes, cocktails!
After this week's many early morning wake-ups and long work days I believe we've earned a little reward. We will finish our local watermelon in a nice adult beverage to usher in a relaxing weekend at home.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 3 parts pureed watermelon
- 4 parts Onyx Moonshine (or vodka)
- 2 parts Triple Sec
- 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice
- Watermelon wedge for garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in watermelon puree, moonshine, triple sec and lime juice.
- Gently shake and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a small watermelon wedge and serve.