We of course also love to eat cauliflower, especially roasted. The crispy bits are my favorite part. Last night we opted to go Italian with the seasoning and I think we have a new favorite on our hands.
Roasted Parmesan Pine Nut Cauliflower
Serves 4 as a side dish
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower pieces and toss until well combined.
- Spread out the coated cauliflower pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the pine nuts, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- After 20 minutes, remove baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the Parmesan mixture over roasted cauliflower.
- Place back into oven for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- I think hazelnuts would be a interesting swap for the pine nuts.
- I only had traditional bread crumbs on hand, but no doubt that Panko would add an even better crunch.