I've paired them with cannellini beans and made soup. Before that, I paired them with walnuts and made pesto. This time, I decided to pair them with eggs. What a perfect combination.
In this instance, I served the frittata along side a baby greens salad tossed in a red-wine vinaigrette for a simple, yet elegant dinner.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 bunch ramps, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, half and half, lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat a medium-sized oven-safe saute pan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter, then add the chopped ramps.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes, until the greens are wilted.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook on the stove until firm around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese over the top.
- Then place the pan under the broiler and cook until the eggs at “set” and the top is light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, cut into quarters.
- Serve right out of the oven or at room temperature.