Any way, there is point to this story. It's after spending a few hours "toiling in the soil" that I need sustenance. And since I'm usually zapped at that point, I prefer something light, fresh and really easy to put together.
This tomato and cucumber salad fit the bill following my latest weekend of weeding extravaganza. It was truly refreshing and the perfect snack to enjoy while I reveled in my neatly edged and weeded gardens.
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Serves 1 for lunch or snack
- 1 tomato, quartered and sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the tomato and cucumber slices around the plate.
- Sprinkle on the fresh dill.
- Drizzle on the vinegar followed by the olive oil.
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.