Ever dreamed of being able to pick a ripe tomato from a plant right in own your backyard? What about snipping fresh herbs from a planter on your patio? Don't know here to begin? Think you can't do it? Well, Holbrook Farm is here to help.
Holbrook Farm in Bethel is having its first on-farm seminar on How To Start Your Own Home Garden!
Here's all the important info:
When: Saturday, March 21st 9:30am - 11:30am
Where: Holbrook Farm, 45 Turkey Plain Road, Bethel, CT 06801
The event will be hosted in the retail greenhouse next to the farm market. The heat will be on, but they advise folks to dress for cold temperatures. They will go through best growing practices, how to amend soils, when to start what plants, how to plan for succession planting, and answer questions.
The event costs $30 and includes:
- 1 bag of Holbrook Farm "Black Gold" Compost
- 1 Voucher for 3 tomato plants ($15 value)
- 1 Voucher for 3 six-packs of cold crops ($9 value)
- 1 pack of seeds of your choice from High Mowing Organic Seed Co.
- Plus a morning treat of hot coffee from Redding Roasters and scones from Dere St. Bakery
Get your tickets here: http://www.squareup.com/market/holbrook_farm