Now, just the thought of eating that much ice cream gives me a headache. Yes, I will still indulge in moderately portioned sweet treats, but I also like to find ways to make them a little bit healthier. That's where this Not-So-Chunky Monkey Smoothie comes in.
This smoothie is dairy-free and there is no added sweetener, that means it's vegan and paleo friendly. And while I'm not much for counting calories, I do love the fact that this smoothie tastes totally indulgent but only has 240 calories per serving.
Be sure to check out the quick how-to video where I also give you a quick tip on freezing bananas ... and then make yourself this peanut buttery chocolatey treat.
Not-So-Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Max's Best peanut butter protein powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-6 ice cubes (optional)
- Starting with the liquid ingredients, place everything in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour and serve immediately.
The great thing is, you can always customize this to your tastes. Use regular milk or a different milk alternative like rice milk in place of the almond milk. try almond butter instead of peanut butter. And, of course, use whatever protein powder you like or swap in something else like ground flaxseed. Have fun with it.