It's about that time of year when our Friday lunchtime walk adds in a stop at Kennedy Park. Yup, that's right, the Danbury Farmers' Market opens for business on Friday, June 26th!
The Market, located in Kennedy Park at the intersection of Main and Elm street, focuses on Connecticut Grown produce, clams, and more. It runs every Friday from 11am to 5pm through October 30th. Debit and credit cards are accepted.
Take a peek at all the great things the market offers in our short "field trip" video from last year.
Overseen by the Danbury Farmers' Market Community Collaborative (DFMCC) with CityCenter Danbury, the Danbury Farmers' Market is widely known for its extensive efforts to provide access to fresh food by target marketing deep into the community and developing proactive services to the largest possible population in need. Among the services offered by the Danbury Farmers' Market are:
- Accepting and matching Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) "food stamps", up to $15 per week, by enabling SNAP recipients to use their Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards;
- Matching Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) vouchers, up to $9 per week, for seniors, low-income veterans, and recipients of The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC);
- Providing FMNP/DFMCC vouchers at the Market for seniors and veterans;
- Providing, through the Community Health Center of Danbury and the Samaritan Health Center, Fruit and Veggie Health Certificates for food-insecure community members not eligible for government assistance;
- Working with the Danbury Coalition for Healthy Kids, a collaborative enabling children to provide their families with fresh produce;
- Making bus passes available through HARTransit to those who need a ride home;
- Free blood pressure checks + Nutrition, Health + Fitness information
- Brewster Pastry
- CIFC (CT Institute for Communities)
- Greater Danbury Health Center
- Clatter Valley Farm
- Geremia Gardens
- Killam + Bassette Farmstead
- New Milford Youth Agency
- Pepe's Cream of the Crop
- Daisy Mac Gardens
- Smith's Acres
- Taylor Family Farm
For more information about the Danbury Farmers' Market and other CityCenter Danbury events, call 203-792 1711 or visit citycenterdanbury.com
Hope to see you at the market!