I think by now you realize my love of smoothies for breakfast. They are such an easy, quick, healthy meal option. Well, this year, I’ve turned my love of pumpkin pie into a delicious breakfast treat.
This recipe truly is a drinkable version of pumpkin pie. It is incredibly thick and creamy. In fact, you could eat it with a spoon. And I venture to say that while it makes a great breakfast, you could easily serve this in smaller portions as a dessert. It’s that good.
Thick + Creamy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into the blender starting with the coconut water.
- Blend until smooth.
- For a thinner consistency use fewer ice cubes or add more coconut water.
- Or, do dairy free and use coconut yogurt instead of the Greek yogurt.
Photos by Renato Ghio